We will NEVER sell your personal data
We carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with European privacy laws and your personal information is always under your control. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for you, and that is why we value your privacy.
We may collect and receive information about users of our Services ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including:
- information you provide through your user account on the Services (your "Account") if you register for the Services;
- your use of the Services; and
- from third-party websites, services, and partners.
- What information we collect
- Information you provide to us
- By registering for an account
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, email address, company name, address, and telephone number.
- By communicating with us
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you like your name, email address, phone number, internet protocol (IP) addresses, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, as well as any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- By making a payment for our services
When you enter your financial information for any payment associated with your Account, that information is directed to any of our third-party payment processors (2Checkout.com, Inc, PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., Worldpay (UK) Limited, Worldpay Limited, Worldpay BV, or Worldpay AP Limited). We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information we automatically collect when you use our services
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- How our services are used
When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our Services, like processor usage, memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
- Information We Gather and Receive from Third Parties
- Social media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
Any personal data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own will with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business inquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the social media platform once the user has requested its removal.
Our services use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymize this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years. Google provides some additional privacy options regarding its Analytics cookies at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Registering with third-party accounts
If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account (such as Facebook and Google), we will receive information about that account, like your authentication token, which authorizes linking, from the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us through your third-party accounts, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party account to find what are your options.
- Third-party partners
We may also receive publicly available information about you from our third-party partners and combine it with data that we have about you.
- How your information is used
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, manage, and maintain our Services;
- Improve, expand, and personalize our Services;
- Develop and deploy new products, services, features, and functionalities;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Process your transactions;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing purposes, customer service, to provide you with updates or other information related to the Service;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, other legal rights, as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- How is information shared
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- With your consent
We may share information with your consent.
- Aggregate information
Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about you with our partners in de-identified or aggregated form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Service Providers and Vendors
We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as special offers, software updates, product announcements, or other information.
We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, blank pixels, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. To learn more about these programs, or opt-out of personalized ads, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org, or the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info.
- Third-party partners
We may share information about users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly available information about you.
- Information we share when you sign up through a referral/affiliate
If you sign up for our Services through a referral or affiliate, we may share information with your referrer/affiliate to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Services.
- Transfers of business
Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, assignee, or successor as part of any proposed merger, sale of assets, debt financing, acquisition, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, receivership, or bankruptcy in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- When required by law and similar disclosures
We may also share information to:
- satisfy any applicable law, legal process, regulation, or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address security, fraud, or technical issues;
- respond to your requests; or
- protect our property or safety, rights, our users and the public.
This includes exchanging information for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention with other companies and organizations.
- Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you.
We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you when necessary to provide these Services. In example, when improving our platform, undertaking marketing, responding to your queries, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
In case we need you to provide personal information to us to perform a contract with you or to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the relevant time and explain whether your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- Third-party services
You may access other third-party services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible in any way for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
- Securing your data
We are committed to protecting your data and personal information. We employ a variety of security measures and technologies, that are designed to defend against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we aim to provide a level of security that can cover the possible risks when processing your personal information.
- Keeping your data
We keep personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable tax, accounting, or legal requirements).
If we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either anonymize or delete it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Management over the data we have for you
If you have registered with us, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our Services or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to terminate your Account, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public.
To protect your privacy and security, we may have to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could:
- inhibit our ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims;
- inhibit our ability to comply with a legal obligation;
- result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or
- result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to us or a third party.
- General data protection regulation (GDPR) and your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information at any time by emailing us email@example.com.
- You can access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can opt-out of our marketing communications that we send you at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails you receive from us. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Please contact your local data protection authority for further information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Your choices
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering and limit the type of information that we collect. You can unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the end of the promotional email. Please note that if you have unsubscribed, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
- Privacy of children
- International transfer of data
The data controller of your personal information is WebFreeHosting, represented by Attractsoft GmbH.